Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saints or sinners? Friday the 13th? Has anyone seen this boat?

Camp was pitched by 0140 on the outskirts of Sheerness, and I promised myself a rest day to recover from the hard slog yesterday. Peering out of the tent at 0840, I saw no boat! During the night, someone had stolen my boat, paddles, VHF, EPIRB, and a list of kit too long to mention.

More details at http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48248

This expedition will resume as soon as I can re-assemble the equipment. I didn't leave my job, find two great charities to support, and do a ton of planning, just to be thwarted by something like this.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how dreadful. I look forward to hearing at some point that you're back in the water...

    Best wishes

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete