Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday 4th June: rest day

Only three days back into the trip, but I decided to listen to my body and have what is laughingly called a "rest day". This means: doing the laundry, checking the weather and surf forecasts, doing the tides and nav for the next day or so, trying to find power sources for charging phones, Navtex receiver and so on, travelling into the nearest town in search of internet access for updating the blog, getting phone numbers for various admin chores (chasing the opticians for my new specs, keeping up with preparations for the new career that follows this trip), checking firing times for the next range that I have to cross, sending emails - the list fills a page of my log book.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Graham - just to let you know, Petr is gradually catching up with you.

    He's currently at:

    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=51.3993,-3.5319&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

    Get in touch with me if you'd like me to put you in contact.

    Brad (we met off the Needles, IOW)

    ReplyDelete