Sunday, July 5, 2009

Monday 29th June: Cemaes - Penrhyn Bay

Last night, Sophy's aunt, Jen, arrived with husband Chuck and grandson Spencer, all the way from Florida. We spent a pleasant evening dining in style at the White Eagle, Rhoscolyn, and Chuck and I found common ground talking shop. I can't match his experiences of flying helicopters in Vietnam, but his subsequent career in air-accident investigation has remarkable parallels with the world of information security that I have just left.
This morning, Chuck and Jen gave me a lift to Cemaes, where I picked up the boat from Dave Williams, and set off with the flood sweeping me past the low cliffs and industrial landscape of north Anglesey.
Leaving Puffin Island to the south, I crossed to the mainland, and was treated to a view of a remarkable mimetolith on the Great Orme (sadly, too distant to photograph).
Put in at Penrhyn Bay, just short of Rhos on Sea, and made camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment